Sunday, July 03, 2016

Oops

I has a sad. 


Amazingly, the iPad still works just fine. 

 The nice girl at the Mac store (a third-party re-seller; Corvallis isn't large enough to have a real Apple store) suggested the packing tape. I used a few strips of tape to pull off all of the minute glass fragments before I sealed it up. Swiping over broken glass is not a good idea.

Sadly, it would cost quite a bit to have Apple replace the glass--around $200. I'm going to see if a cell phone repair guy in town can replace the glass for less. New glass or not, I'll keep it and use it as a backup.


If one has to look for a silver lining, it's the fact that I ran out of memory on the thing last week and pulled all the photos and videos from the iPad onto my laptop then synced the iPad to iTunes on my laptop. So even if it craps out in the future, I shouldn't lose anything.

No comments: