Thursday, December 08, 2022

I Miss Writing

 I've been thinking about my little blog, waiting patiently out here in the ether. There's dust in the corners, wispy clumps of dog hair drifting slowly across the floor.

My last post was in late November, 2021--over a year ago! Lots of things have changed in my life, but one thing hasn't changed: I've still got plenty of opinions about it all. 

I want to pick this particular hobby back up, this tic that drives me to want to play around with ideas and words in this old-school format. (Funny/sad how typing on a computer is old-school.)

Calendars are social constructs, so it's not so much the end of one year and the start of another that's behind this. The change of season is significant, of course--length of day, cooler weather. But I feel like I'm entering a new phase of my life. Vet school and getting that DVM was a Big Deal. It definitely set down stakes in my life, as in "before vet school" and "after vet school." The past three and a half years were a necessary transition period, space to shift my mindset from student back to professional. And it's not that I'm really doing entirely new things. Still have fox terriers. Still do dog agility. But plenty of other things have shifted in ways that make me feel like it's time to poke my head up, take a look around, maybe start some conversations. 


 

No comments: