Monday, February 15, 2021

Deep Freeze

 It's cold in central Arkansas. Oh, I already mentioned that, didn't I. But it's REALLY cold, 9F and snowing heavily as I write this. There is so much snow falling that the dogs have been out four times this morning, and other than some undulations of the snow drifts on the deck stairs, you can't tell they were out there at all. 


Snow is usually a fun prospect for most dogs. Not at 9F, however. Azza and Archie are all business, done in a few minutes and ready to come back in where it's warm. 

I am grateful that my house is proving to be fairly well insulated. I added insulation and weatherproofing around the doors when I moved in. I also imposed significant organization on my garage last summer so I can park my van inside. I did it mainly to be able to protect it from all of the sticky tree pollen that falls in April. Little did I know that I would also need to keep almost a foot of snow off of it.

View from my kitchen window.
 

It's going to drop below 0F tonight, and more snow is coming on Tuesday night and Wednesday. Today is a state holiday and the lab is closed anyway, but I expect it to remain closed for most of the week. Little Rock isn't really prepared for a foot of snow that doesn't melt on its own.

No comments: