Thursday, June 27, 2019

Road Trip Part 2: Starting to Settle In

I still haven't put my bed together although I hauled the futon upstairs to the bedroom. The space is slowly starting to come together. Unloading the trailer didn't take long, but it took me two days before I was able to get the kitchen clean enough, and before I was able to find all of the requisite equipment to make some coffee.


I've been getting the place cleaned and organized before the PODS arrive on Monday. I've got a week to unload them, plus another week after that to at least partially unpack before I start my new job.

This cheerful space will be my office. I finally got internet set up last night. 

I think you can tell that one of my priorities was dog beds!
The cat has finally starting showing up regularly for meal times, and is sleeping with the rest of us upstairs at night. The fence is not completed, so the dogs have to potty in the front yard on leash, and they are none too happy about that. They are all still a bit jumpy--the trip was hard on them too, and they are just starting to get used to the new environment. It will take time for all of us to settle in.

No comments: