Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Fox Terrier Boing

Archie's breeder asked me to take some side-view photos of him on a grooming table "stacked up" like he would show in the conformation ring. I conned one of my classmates into coming over during the lunch hour to help me take some pics. (I bought her lunch on the way back to campus.)

As I was getting the table set up, the dogs were running in and out of the house, and the fox terriers were boinging, as fox terriers do when they are excited. Even though she's been here before, my friend apparently never saw them do this.

I suppose to the uninitiated, it does look ridiculous! She promptly took some great photos of them in action.

Boing! Those ears!
Boing! Mimi is 10 1/2 years old.
Not to be outdone, Azza had to show off too. Her boinging lacks form but she gets bonus points for the nose!




Here's one of Archie's "show" photos. After being such a floppy, boneless puppy, he's becoming a solid little dog. He's 15 1/4 inches at the withers and weighs around 18 lbs now. Note Mimi in the lower left!


No comments: