Sunday, April 03, 2016

Archie's Tippy Board

Our class schedule this term is just as crazy as ever (20 credit hours, 5 hard-science courses) but the exam schedule is a little lighter. I've been studying every day but I am not ramping up to 12-hour study sessions yet. Yet.

The weather was just amazingly fine this weekend so I decided to complete a little project: making a tippy board for Archie.

I went to a Home ReStore that is very close to my house and found this round table top and a banister ball with the screw already embedded in it. Perfect! I paid a whopping $3.50 for these two items. I then zipped over to Home Depot for paint (a nice, cheerful marigold yellow), wood glue, and the traction strip material. Even with those items added in, my total cost for the tippy board is less than $20.


I let the paint dry overnight and put the ball and strips on this morning. Mimi loves it. Archie was a little surprised to discover that it moved, but he's getting the hang of it too. The power of cheese and a clicker.






Archie isn't ready to sit on this wobbly thing just quite yet.






No comments: