Monday, April 01, 2013

Reminder: Keep Breathing

Crises have to be prioritized just like everything else in life.

At the Dammam airport, I discovered that the pants I was wearing had an enormous rip in the crotch.

It is a measure of my state of anxiety over the animals that this didn't even cause me to blink.

I repaired them by sealing the rip with the strip of tape that was placed on one of my carryons after it was scanned by Saudi airport security and two hair pins.

As you might imagine, this repair was far less than optimal, and after sitting and sweating on it for hours on the plane, things were not looking good down there.

Once I got off the plane in Amsterdam, I made a beeline for a shop that sold clothes (I've been at this airport enough times to know where specific shops are) and bought a pair of terribly expensive pants.

The pants are nice but this was money that I didn't want to spend. Even so, this little blip of a crisis is resolved.





No comments: