Monday, April 05, 2010

Tsingy Update

Tsingy is much more comfortable around the dogs now. She regularly spends the evenings hanging out with us and has found a few spots she likes to nap in. I still haven't left her loose in the house during the day when I am at work, though. The dogs are just a bit sketchy sometimes.

G asked about the two-animal rule. That's widely ignored but there is a catch. You can't have more than two animals registered at the Kennel Club to one badge number. (I won't go into the details but married women and children are under the badge number of the husband/father so for them, it's two animals per household.) Paul and Lou-Anne had Simba and Tsingy when they got their little shy black one. He's registered under the badge number of a friend of theirs. Tsingy will remain registered under Paul's badge number. The KC knows that this is how people manage and doesn't bat an eyelash at it.

Here's a nice picture showing Tsingy's tail and rear leg markings, the limestone weathering thing.


Mother in VA sent a big care package for Tsingy, including this giant pile of booty.


I can't show you any pictures of Tsingy playing with her new toys. Mimi eats cat toys. Doesn't matter what they are made of, she crunches them up and eats them like they were mixed nuts. So Tsingy plays with her toys at night when we are asleep and she has full run of the downstairs. I come down and pick the toys up in the morning before Mimi gets to them.

But I can show you Tsingy's sparkly new collar.


And her new bed. How about that pink? She wasn't too sure about the bed at first but I left it in her room today with her tiger tucked up next to it. You can see from the pic below that she is fine with it now!


Of course, Mimi simply will not miss an opportunity to poach so as I was writing this I turned around to see her curled up in the new pink bed!


Mother didn't leave the dogs out--they got some cool new stuffing-free toys. I showed them to the dogs then took this picture as I was heading upstairs to play with them (I was holding the toys over my head). They were so excited that I thought I would never get them to hold still long enough to take the pic!


This picture is so typical: Harry is the calm eye at the center of the Mimi storm.

1 comment:

seniormoments said...

Tsingy looks quite the little princess in her pink collar. So glad she likes the new bed. I never doubted that Mimi would like it, too.


VAMom