Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sick and Not Happy About It

I'm sick as a dog. Could be sinus infection, could be flu, could be something worse. I was pawing through my medicines in the fridge looking for something stronger than ibuprofen, which I am not tolerating well now after two days of a steady diet of it.

More than 2/3s of the bottles in there are animal meds.

Human meds? I appear to have most of the major classes of pain killer (because I never take them even when prescribed) but no antibiotics nor anything for allergy symptoms or cough.

I have darvocet. I have tramadol. I have vicodin. I have oxycodone out the wazoo. Totally full bottles, never touched. Not helping.

Bleah. Been down for two days, looking at a minimum of two more.

Post Script. I was having troubles breathing and coughing was becoming terribly painful. Worried that the gombu was getting into my lungs, I finally caved and headed to the critical care place down the main road. They gave me an albuterol nebulizer treatment--ahhh!--plus chest xrays (all clear!), plus a shot of an antibiotic and a steroid in me bum--owww! that combo really stings. Plus new prescriptions for my preferred inhaler and Flonase, which is actually my asthma inhaler designed for the nose. Who ever came up with such a thing? And he said get some Mucinex DM. I'm now all dosed up and ready for bed, looking forward to a decent night's sleep for a change.

2 comments:

seniormoments said...

Okay, now I'm going into my mother mode. Was worried that you were ill, since there was nothing on your blog. Sounds like the meds, plus extras, are doing the trick. Mucinex DM is great!! Have used that one myself on a few occasions. Get lots of rest...that seems to be one of the best "remedies" for the crud. Love ya' and worry about you....again, a mother's perogative.

BC Insanity said...

aaaawwww..... hugs and kisses.
Get better soon.

G.