Monday, October 26, 2015

Diary of a First-Year Vet Student

Week 5. I'm not sure I'd call it exam fatigue, but when I finished our second big exam of the term, in gross anatomy, I high-fived a couple of my peers then high-tailed it home to spend an hour in the thin autumn sunshine with my pups and a glass of wine by my side. Ahh.

I did not make a perfect score on that anatomy exam--I know this because I left one question entirely blank. I know that you are supposed to throw something down no matter what, hoping for a partial point, but I had nothing to throw down. Total blank. I had spent 1.5 hours in the anatomy lab with the cadavers, then another 1.5 hours in the classroom with multiple choice and short answer questions. I happily left that question blank and moved on. On another question, I had no clue as to the instructor's intention--the question was so vaguely worded that any number of things could have possibly made some sense. For that one, I threw in some terms that may have gotten me half of that possible point. Maybe not. By that time, I was done. So very done with that exam. Not perfect, but I am pretty sure I did okay.

But there's no rest for the weary or wicked. While I was pretending to lounge on the porch in the sun, I read a chapter of physiology. I then vacuumed the house and swabbed out the toilet. (For some reason, my shower swabbing, bathroom sink swabbing, and toilet swabbing are on different schedules.) I have to catch up on micro-anatomy and take an online quiz tonight. And I plan to eat real, cooked food for dinner. 


No comments: