Friday, January 02, 2015

HellBeast Was Cold, Is Now Toasty Warm

HellBeast has been hovering about the various heat sources in the house this winter. I may not be crazy fond of him but there's no reason he should be cold.

So I went on the hunt for an enclosed bed for him but all the ones that I found on the internet were terrible floppy things that the animal had to crawl under and into. HB would never go for that. 

I visited the Portland Saturday Market in late November. One of the regular vendors sells pet supplies. She has the usual up-market leashes and toys and such but she also makes her own pet beds. They are very nice, sturdy, washable, fit perfectly in crates. To my surprise, she decided to take some of the smaller beds, roll them into tubes, sew a cap on one end, and voila! A perfect bed for a cat or small dog. 

HB approves.


1 comment:

Oldgraymare said...

Tsingy would probably have to paw-wrestle him for that cozy little hideaway.