Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Deductive Reasoning

I like pizza. But good pizza is hard to find here. So I make do with frozen, which on the scale of pizza-ness is already hovering down around 3 or 4 out of 10. And Saudi-made frozen pizzas pretty much fall off the scale. But sometimes one of the grocery stores will get frozen pizzas from some European company or other and those aren't too bad (anyway, you can make them better by slathering them with bacon).

Because I live alone and don't care what people think and because I love my dogs very much, I like to share things with them. This sharing includes pizza crust which is for me the least interesting part of pizza. I carefully pile the crusts up to one side of my plate and divide them equally between the dogs after I finish eating. All three of them love this little treat.

The other night I was in a hurry and had to eat early and quickly so I tossed some frozen veggie egg rolls in the oven. As I was eating them, I noticed Mimi staring at me with laser eyes. I kept looking back over at her and thinking, what is up with that crazy dog? She was perched up on a stool to better keep an eye on me, and wasn't moving a muscle, not even blinking.

Then it hit me. She is far more observant than I thought. Where do pizza crusts come from? The oven, of course. Therefore any food that comes out of the oven has pizza-crust-producing potential and that means treats for alert pups, Q.E.D.

I love my terriers.


No comments: