Friday, June 17, 2011

Et Voila!

After a bit of flailing, I am pleased to show you the label design for my adult beverage products:


I have variations for Vin Rouge, Vin Blanc, Bière, and Pétillement (sparkler), the four types of beverages that I regularly make. And I do have to say that the quality of all four is constantly improving. Two French consultants drank almost 1.5 liters of my latest batch of beer last night--infused with ginger and hops with a lovely orange-red color, they decided to call that batch "Kilkenny Red"! And my cranberry preserve red? Totally awesome and dubbed by my French friends as being very similar to a decent "Beaujolais Nouveau." Both are definitely recipes to repeat. (I keep detailed notes on every batch.)

Apologies to DSL, but "Bonjour Gendarmerie!" turned out to be too subtle of a private joke and too difficult of a design project for my limited Photoshop skills to be turned into a label.

I wanted a distinctive label but one that couldn't be used to directly identify me, as I plan to start taking bottles to parties, book club meetings, etc. A dog theme offered lots of possibilities but my own dogs are too unique in appearance for me to use them as models. I found this image on CuteOverload--and I came up with "Le Point" as soon as I saw it.

I like the play on words. "Point" means period or point or dot or specific location in French, and ties into the visual image of the puppy's head peeking out, but "the point" in English has an additional meaning: purpose. After all, what is the purpose of going to all the trouble to make this stuff in the first place?

Santé!

No comments: