Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ras Tanura Beach

My friends the H's invited me and the dogs out for another lovely morning at the Ras Tanura beach a couple of weekends ago. It was nearing 100F by the time we got there but the high tide was in--a real treat! I'd not seen the beach at high tide. The sky was clear and the water was unusually clear. A good time was had by all.

Austin and Dallas, the H's Portuguese Water Dogs, and Mimi and Harry.


It is true that as fox terriers age, the cartilage in their ears stiffens and one or both start standing up instead of folding over. One of Harry's ears spends about 30% of the time up these days. But this silly photo is solely due to my silly dog facing directly into the breeze! Note maximum belly exposure to cool sand! This photo is now my PC desktop image at work. Product plug: cool collar by The Mod Dog.


Harry attempting to dig up a crab who is of course long gone. Mimi is ever ready to provide assistance as needed.


On the ride home. Mimi has to sit on the floor. She's not happy. Harry gets to sit in the other passenger seat, giving him a perfect view of the PIZZA that M is holding in her lap! Her hubby D is driving.

2 comments:

Rover Mom said...

How wonderful! And I love that Harry is Harry no matter where he is in the world - Pizza!!!

Rover Mom said...

oh, and I love that look on Mimi's face in the car. Is she pissed or what?!