Saturday, August 01, 2009

In Memory of Iz

I said goodbye to my beautiful Iz on August 1, 2008. I think of her every day and still miss her with a pain that brings tears to my eyes.

This is a video from one of her last agility runs in June, 2008. Debbie was letting me run Iz every so often in Mimi's morning class. Iz had been in and out of hospital for months and, weak and thin, could just manage 8-inch jumps. Iz often ran with her mouth open, tongue to one side, completely abandoned to her joy. This is how I want to remember her: full of joy, running and playing agility by my side.



Iz, my little heart, I hope you are now running stronger and jumper higher.

2 comments:

BC Insanity said...

Thankfully this is how Grommie and I will always remember Iz.

seniormoments said...

Iz was a darling and she will always be in your heart. What wonderful memories you have to hold close.

VAMom