Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gracie's First Standard Q!

The girls and I are doing a local agility trial this weekend. The arena is about half an hour from my house. I'm doing it on the cheap--bringing my own food, bringing all the dogs so I don't have to pay the petsitter.

Gracie had a wonderful standard run yesterday, earning her first AKC Novice Standard Q. Her contacts were lovely. I did get a little worried when the judge started the table count because Alan is in Mimi and Gracie's class--Gracie knows him and you can see her turn her head to look at Alan, I'm sure thinking, hmm, maybe he has a treat for me? But she held her sit! Before I released her, I took a second to tell her she was a very good girl. Time is never going to be a problem for Gracie so taking a little extra time for praise is well worth it.

Mimi continues to have ring stress issues--if she is making any progress, it is barely measurable right now. I pulled her from her standard run after she leaped from near the top of the Aframe. Touch the yellow? Hell, she barely touched the downside at all!


1 comment:

seniormoments said...

Way to go little grand-dog!!!

VAMom