Thursday, January 01, 2009

Back Home at Last

After leaving Bluff, Utah, at 6:30am and a marathon drive of 16 hours, we got home around 11pm on Monday night. I put 2,817 miles on the rental car! The dogs were troopers but I made sure I stopped every couple of hours to walk them.

heading home, northwestern New Mexico, December 29, 2008

Everyone is still recovering, taking lots of naps and generally lounging about.

I took Mimi and Gracie to class on Wednesday morning. They both were fabulous! Mimi was amazing as ever (my god, if we can get her past her fears, she is so precise and fast...), and Gracie, who hadn't done the dogwalk in a sequence yet, ran across it and hit her contact like it was second nature. She's going to be quite a little star, I think. I've set up a nice course in my training field that I can use for the next few days--it has all three contact obstacles, the chute, and two tunnels, and I added the weaves, the triple, and the table for grins.

The transition to the new year was uneventful. Mercifully, none of my neighbors felt compelled to blow things up to mark the occasion. The pack and I were all in bed last night by 10pm.

No comments: