Sunday, October 12, 2008

Things to Celebrate

Mimi got two double-Qs this weekend.


We got multiple refusals in every run and had to make multiple weave pole attempts, all of which are allowed in the AKC Novice class. But in between those moments of frantic scrambling to get me and my silly pup back into the right place without her backjumping anything (thank god we aren't judged for style points), there were supreme moments of brilliance.

I'm happy there are agility trials that are close to my house (total RT for this one each day: 2 hrs, 30 minutes). I'm happy that some of them are nice little intimate trials filled with friendly dog people. I'm happy that Mimi stuck with me in the ring--not because she was coerced or intimidated into doing so but because she wanted to (she stayed so close to me that we collided in our Standard run today). I'm happy that I live alone so that when I crawl into bed with my legs and feet still sandy from the ring and pull my hard-working little pup up beside me, nobody's going to complain about the sand in the sheets. I'm happy that she seems to be having a good time. I'm happy that one of the judges told me she really enjoyed watching me run Mimi because Mimi was so enthusiastic in the ring (I had judges say the same thing about Iz). I'm happy that I have plenty of things to work on with Mimi before our next trial in a month. I'm really happy that I could reward Mimi so thoroughly (we went through FOUR cans of vienna sausages this weekend; I can probably cut back on the volume now, don't you think?). I'm happy that Mimi's start line stays and contacts are solid even under pressure.

2 comments:

G said...

I don't think so......
I think you should crank the volume even louder. Let me shout here: WOOO HOOO FOR MIMI!!!!!!!!

What an awesome weekend for the two of you.
Soooo wish I could have been there, I would have been the one cheering the loudest probably and everyone would think I had lost it.

HOW COOL is that, 3 full days and no sniffing and no zooming around.
I have a feeling that switch has been flipped on and will stay on from now on.
CONGRATS and HUGS

G.

R3K9S said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!