Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Red Bed

A couple of weeks before Iz died, a friend from work gave me a special bed for her. Iz was too sick to be able to spend much time in it. She had to lay on her side and couldn't curl up anymore. But I left it on the couch anyway.


It's a simple fleece bed, round, with a bolster all around the edge. The bolster is patterned in beige, red, and brown stripes.




For some reason, almost every animal in the house just loves this bed. I started taking what I call the "Red Bed" series of photos of the ever changing occupants of the bed.



You'll notice Bhumi and Gracie are absent from these photos. Gracie prefers the back of the couch and Bhumi rarely joins groups. If he uses the bed, it is during the day when the dogs are crated and I'm not there.

And yes, those are candy-cane striped fleece blankets. Terrier-sized blankets, in fact. A gift from my mother last year for Christmas. She sent one for each dog. I let Iz take one with her. My dogs are quite tough but they do like their creature comforts, one of which is being covered up at night when the weather turns cool.



There's always room for one more on the Red Bed!

No comments: