Monday, June 08, 2015

We Are Hot! Squirrels Are Observed!

It's been 100F here the past three days. Even the Saudi-born dog and cat think it's too damned hot!


HellBeast is a furtive little fucker so when he comes out of his various hidey holes to lay under the ceiling fan, you know it's hot!

On a completely unrelated topic, two days ago while trimming the grass along the fence, I noticed a divot under the fence between my yard and that of my neighbor. I thought, that's new. Why is there a bare patch of dirt worn under the fence? To my astonishment, this afternoon when I was washing up, I saw from the kitchen window a sqwerl skulking along the fence line, eventually diving through that very same divot. It appears that he has discovered my compost pile.

He will not be happy when the dogs discover him. We already know that Mimi and sqwerls do not do well together (sqwerl death and a large vet bill were involved). I suspect Azza will be no more forgiving.

No comments: