Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Applying to Vet School: Horse Trading and Wisconsin

The University of Wisconsin at Madison called to make me an offer of admission. I was expecting this call since their letter to me indicated that I was ranked number one on their alternate list. I will think it over tonight and review my notes, but I will probably turn them down. Like Cornell, Wisconsin is a fine school, well ranked, with a good reputation. I am extremely pleased to get offers from both of these schools.

There is one other school that could very well change my mind about staying in Oregon. To be honest, they didn't love me enough to go for me in January. The fact that I haven't heard from them yet in this horse-trading time tells me I wasn't very high on their list. So I'm not holding my breath.

I start my new job on Saturday. What happens there will no doubt strongly influence my decision to stay. I went for training last Saturday and when I learned what I would be doing, I was over the moon with excitement. It was far more than I had hoped for.

No comments: