Thursday, January 08, 2015

Mimi Is Not The Spring Chicken She Once Was

I mentioned in an earlier post that Mimi and Azza regularly play like crazed beasts. I finally managed to get some of it on video.




When I got home from school today, she greeted me at the door as usual, but instead of the normal smooth fox terrier boinging, she was limping, holding her head twisted to the side, ears back, tail down. I called the vet right away. 

It seems that as a result of throwing herself into the game with such abandon, Mimi has torn the equivalent of her rotator cuff in her right shoulder.  

I should mention that this probably happened a day or two ago; Mimi was showing signs of some discomfort in her right shoulder last night. And Azza is crated during the day.

But she should be feeling better shortly. She's got painkillers and muscle relaxers in her now and a belly full of yummy dinner. My homework is done and I'm ready to sit down with a glass of whiskey and relax from my crazy day. Yes, cows were involved. More on that later. Right now, it's time to hang out with my stubborn little terrier.

2 comments:

oldgraymare said...

Loved the "clicking" sound of Mimi's feet in the background and then her bursting back into the picture. What a pair!

lilspotteddog said...

I like how she uses the furniture to give her a height advantage.