Monday, October 07, 2013

Better Living Through Chemistry

Nighttime is always the hardest when you have a cold or the flu. I currently have a head cold which thankfully is starting to weaken. Still, I spent the weekend tossing blankets on and off. Mimi completely lost patience with me and decided to sleep next to Harry for a change. Even with three pillows, I had problems breathing and kept waking up snorfling and sneezing.

But I realized that I wasn't using all of the tools at my disposal. Last night, I took an Advil cold and sinus caplet (I love me some ibuprofen but taking it on its own for more than a couple of days upsets my stomach) then leisurely drank a pinky finger of whiskey on a couple of ice cubes while finishing up homework.

I slept like a baby.



1 comment:

Oldgraymare said...

I'm sure your cold remedy is written in some fine Southern lady's book of medicinal remedies. Of course there'd be no mention of the pill, just the whiskey in a more copious amount. Glad you got some rest and I'm sure Mimi is happy, too.

Take care!