Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Dog's Cat

I've never really cared for HellBeast. He's got a few too many annoying habits and he's not particularly affectionate, even for a cat. Of the two cats I dragged over here with me from Saudi, Tsingy was by far the superior specimen, and I sent her to live with my mother and her crew.

But I can't bring myself to rehome HellBeast either. The sole reason is that Azza adores this cat. She plays with him daily. Their play is quite rough but they have between themselves sorted out the rules of engagement and I almost never have to get involved. They both display great joy during this play. They exude joy.

In short, I maintain HellBeast, cleaning his litter box every day and feeding him good quality cat food and even providing him with an assortment of cat-oriented toys (Azza generally chews them up before they see much cat action, but still, they are there), but he's really Azza's companion. My dog has a cat of her own.

I don't mind this too much, at least not enough to get rid of the little orange fucker.

No comments: