Tuesday, July 02, 2013

The Unpackening

I'm still deep in the throes of unpacking all the stuff in my KSA shipment. There's at least two boxes yet in every room, nearly half a dozen still in the office. The garage has become a dumping zone for stuff I will either sell or don't know what to do with yet.

I have been greatly slowed down because, to my dismay, everything smells really bad, a toxic mixture of funk and cigarette smoke and slightly mildewy cardboard. I'm washing everything I can and putting the rest outside for a day or two to let the sun and fresh air defunk it a little bit. It's been super hot so I don't like to use the dryer much and that slows things down even more.

But I am making progress. I finally cleared away enough boxes to clean the floors yesterday. It's been more than a week since I last vacuumed and the animal hair dust bunnies were becoming enormous. I also mopped with Murphy's Oil Soap and the house still smells fresh.



Azza luxuriating on a nice carpet.

3 comments:

BC Insanity said...

Desert dog on a desert carpet, she blends well, guess she's a keeper :)

Anne said...

Nice carpet!

Where did the cigarette smell come from?

lilspotteddog said...

Everything smells very strongly of cigarettes. Bootprints on many of the boxes, funky unclean person funk--I suspect that workers were lounging around on my boxes for a good part of the long camel journey from