Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stuff

Big news at CircusK9: my shipment from KSA will be here tomorrow. I'm pretty excited--I've been limping along on a limited set of stuff since the beginning of April.

There's a good possibility that my carpets didn't make it. But I can't fret about what I can't do anything about. And there are plenty of items that could have gotten damaged during the packing, various customs inspections, and the subsequent long ride on camelback to these more civilized parts. I dread the long day of unpacking--and the moving team will be doing that because I can't make any claims for damage if I touch a single thing.

I know they are just things, but I will be thankful to have these items around me again (in no particular order):
mixing bowls
bread machine
plastic food storage containers (I have probably close to 50 of various sizes; I prefer using them to wasteful plastic bags)
trash cans for the bathroom and office
paper shredder
cooking utensils (I've been kind of jonesing for my potato masher and whisk)
Tshirts (I've been living off the 9 or so I brought and the two I bought here)
pictures and decorative bits and bobs
dog toys
desk (an enormous table, actually)
floor lamps
personal files (only so many of those could come with me)
Adobe Acrobat Pro CD-ROM (my installation got FUBARed and I need to reinstall it from scratch)
tools
agility equipment


One of the items coming tomorrow is my bed frame. I am very excited about this because it means that I can set up the guest bedroom at last (have to buy a mattress, but that's just a detail). Give me at least a couple of weeks then start making your plans to come visit!

3 comments:

Anne said...

No more driving home after a long trial day in Corvallis or Albany!!!

Rover Mom said...

Does this mean I can start planning a visit?

lilspotteddog said...

Yes it does!! C'mon out to see us!