Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy Birthday 2

Here's the video of our Open Preferred Standard run. We didn't Q because we got a refusal at the tunnel and another at the weaves and you are only allowed one refusal in this class.

But consider that Mimi and I haven't been in an agility ring since August 2009. She hasn't been on contact obstacles since then either--and neither of our errors were on the contacts!

I did run her over the contacts in Anne's backyard a couple of weekends ago but that was in the backyard, not the ring, and it was just three or four times each and that was it.

I am so incredibly pleased with her performance. She hit all of her contacts (a bit slow but the performance was good), we got the weaves on the second try, and she read that rear cross on the jump before the Aframe perfectly.

Today I felt so much better going into the ring. Without any need to collect titles or ribbons, my only goal was to have a good time with Mimi. And we managed to do that all day today!

Here's the link to the video. I'm not going to bother to try to embed it in the post.


2 comments:

payingattention said...

You need a "like" button on this thing! I have nothing of value to say beyond that it is great to hear things are going well!

payingattention said...

Oh! Oops! AND Very Happy Birthday!