Wednesday, February 06, 2013

No Joke

It's done. Today I submitted my resignation to Saudi Aramco. I'll be leaving the Magic Kingdom on April 1st.
I felt such a weight lifting from my mind after it was done. I was telling a friend yesterday that I thought that I was displacing a lot of anxiety onto the resignation event, which turned out to be true. I've still got plenty of things left to worry about between now and the end of March. But the symbolically big step off that cliff edge has now been taken.

6 comments:

Anne said...

I picture it like being sucked into a black hole....

"I resign..." WHOOOOSH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

April 1, huh? I hope this isn't going to be some elaborately staged April Fools joke!

Anonymous said...

...in spite of the title of the post.

lilspotteddog said...

I would never joke about something so serious.

Anonymous said...

I know that very well. I sincerely pray that this transition is a smooth one and that you land on your feet here in the US of A.

payingattention said...

Huge - another thing checked off the list!