Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happy Birthday, Harry!

While I was out touring the world, Harry turned 14 in early August. He has definitely become a grumpy old man but he's a tough little guy who knows what he wants and how to get it. I think that given the option, he'd play fetch with me every hour on the hour. He constantly initiates play (he grabs a toy and looks at me with big hopeful eyes, tail quivering so fast that you can barely see it). He's also extremely excited when walk time comes around. I'm careful to keep him out of the worst of the heat, and there aren't any more multihour jaunts left in him, but he's up for that evening walk every night. He loves to have his belly rubbed (his second preferred activity if a game is not in the offing). He wants to soak up sun rays every day. He eats with gusto and, despite his cataracts, can still catch treats out of the air. He still likes to snuggle up to me at night, always getting the treasured spot next to my hip.





Here's to old dogs, the best companions we can ever find!

No comments: