Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Favorite Chair

I bought some fabulous dog beds from Orvis to replace the tired, musty, peed-on beds that I've been carefully tending for several years. I wash the covers every couple of weeks. I set the internal cushions on my porch to bake in the sun (I have an irrational hope that the extreme heat will kill various nasty things; at a minimum it helps them smell fresher). Still, dog beds don't last forever, thus the need for some spiffy new ones.

However, I can't get rid of the old beds just yet. Like any grumpy old man set in his ways, Harry prefers his lumpy, smelly bed to the new ones!

Ahh! My favorite chair!

I was pulling the second new bed out of its box when I turned to find Harry perched on the OLD bed with a perfectly good new one untouched beside him.

Harry will use the new beds sometimes--if he has no other choice. This time it was Mimi who chose the old bed first.
You might wonder why I get such large beds. Well, they are sized to fit Azza but the terriers do like plenty of leg room.

Kinky was there first and Azza slunk in with her toy after he was asleep.




Here's a gratuitous pic of my boneless non-terrier. She assumes this position fairly often and will fall asleep like this. Weird.


Pretzel dog.

2 comments:

Old gray mare said...

I know why Harry likes the old bed...he has all his favorite places laid out to fit his little ol' body and doesn't want to break in a new bed. Don't blame him!

Rover Mom said...

I have a photo somewhere of bullet when i was vacuuming the house one day - i stacked all 3 beds in the library - when I went to put them back out, Bullet was perched on top!

Azza is quite the contortionist! I love the photos where she sneaks into bed with the others - what a silly girl. She knows her place.