Thursday, September 08, 2011

Back Home at CircusK9

No matter how long or short my travels, I'm always mobbed when I return home: Mimi sproinging repeatedly, Harry squeaking, Tsingy swirling in and out screeching (being partly deaf, she has a horrendously loud, offkey meow).

The greeting frenzy usually wears off in a few minutes and after a day or so, they all return to their normal routines.

Harry's had his dinner, his evening walk, and I'm home. All is right with his world.


Tsingy tucked into her cave bed--all is right with her world, too.

One of the most important events that happens after I return home is the making of the dog food. The dogs are still eating homemade dog meatloaf for their evening meals. They are thriving on the stuff: sleek, fit, happy. (Contact me if you want the updated recipe.) It takes about three hours from start to finish (washing veggies to storing the cooked meatloaf in containers for freezing), and I have to do it about every 3 weeks. But the commercial food options here in KSA are so dismal that I really don't have a choice.


The best part is licking the pan at the end.


Speaking of eating, I want to make a product plug. I don't do it that often, so just bear with me. You North Americans can pop into any number of big box stores or boutique shops to purchase a myriad of products for your pets: collars, leashes, toys, food, treats. I can't do that. And having items shipped to KSA is really expensive--if the company you are shopping with will even ship here; many don't. Then there are always concerns about what will make it through Saudi customs. That's why I was very pleased to come across Trendy Pet. They make light, strong, nicely designed frames to elevate feeding bowls. And they ship to KSA!

Harry's getting noticeably stiff these days and was having trouble bending down to his food bowl. Earlier this year I purchased two of their 10" tall, single-bowl stands. Harry loves his!


If you are in the market for this sort of thing, CircusK9 gives a big thumbs-up recommendation to Trendy Pet!

No comments: