Saturday, July 03, 2010

Summertime

It is far too hot now to take the dogs outside during the day for more than a quick pee. High temps have been pushing 110+F. To make a morning trip to the jebels, I have to get the dogs out by 5am. Harry in particular seems to be suffering from the heat, not too surprising when you realize he will be 12 in just a few weeks.

We've had a spell of very dry, windy weather the past couple of weeks. Somehow the dry heat is easier for us all to tolerate. Once the sun begins to set, temps quickly fall. By about 5:30pm, it is usually in the mid-90s and the dogs and I hit the jebels for 45 minutes or so.

Still, it is hard to make sure they get enough exercise. One of the ways I deal with this is to play ball in the house. The video below isn't fancy but I think you get the idea! The dogs love this game.


3 comments:

Rover Mom said...

Love it! And you posted my favorite picture of Iz!

Agile Jack said...

yeah... great photo of Iz!

This video makes me laugh! I love the way Mimi banks the turn to head down the stairs!

Hilarious!

Agile Jack said...

yeah... great photo of Iz!

This video makes me laugh! I love the way Mimi banks the turn to head down the stairs!

Hilarious!