Tuesday, November 03, 2009

We Have Arrived!

The dogs and I arrived safely Friday night. I only have internet access at work so may not be able to post much for a while until I can get home internet set up. Like everything here in KSA, getting home internet set up is a rather involved process (large bureaucracies result in plenty of jobs for the relatively unskilled Saudi workforce).

The weekend here is Thursday and Friday so I will be out of touch until we return to work on Saturday.

I made a mistake in my earlier Fun Facts post. There are 5,000 residences in Dhahran camp and between 12,000-15,000 people live here. I'm sure Aramco knows exactly how many people are here but they aren't telling.

The dogs are settling in, sort of. They are not dealing with the long days in the house (townhouse sort of affair). I got tired of cleaning up pee everywhere so today Mimi got left in her crate. At least the mess will be localized.

5 comments:

Agile Jack said...

glad to hear you made it ok. Can't wait to hear more!

Karl said...

Glad you made it safely. I enjoyed reading your fun facts post.

Gearing up for the tournament this weekend. I figure we've forgotten something, but we'll muddle through.

Here's hoping the adjustment for you and your pack goes as smoothly as possible.

Rover Mom said...

Good news "townhouse" ! Bad news "pee in house". They'll adjust (Harry anyway, boys have strong bladders!)

Carol G. said...

Glad to hear you all made it safely, and hopefully the dogs will adjust soon to the long hours indoors.

I have enjoyed reading all your posts and look forward to hearing about life in Saudi

From Carol

seniormoments said...

The little ones will adjust and so long as they have you with them life will be good.

VAMom