Thursday, October 22, 2009

Road Trip

Julie, the Circus K9 Smooths, and Julie's 16 yr old Geena begging.
Silly Mimi in Nashville.


We made it to Virginia at last. I left Jack with my friend Julie in Nashville but Dyna, Mimi, Harry, and Bhumi the cat made the entire trip.
Bhumi did great, all things considered. Two nights in hotels (La Quinta, of course), two nights at Julie's, hauling litter box and crate and other cat gear around. He only started to protest in his crate in the car on the last day. I was pretty tired of traveling at that point too! He's not yet settled in here at my mother's but he knows where his food, litter box, and water are, so we have decided to leave him alone and let him sort it out for himself.


Dogs on the bed in a La Quina just outside of Little Rock, Arkansas. That's Dyna tucked in between two pillows on the far side.


I didn't particularly hurry because I was hauling a small trailer. And I thought it cruel to leave Bhumi in his crate in the car for more than about 7 hours each day. The dogs got plenty of breaks at rest areas. The weather was excellent and taking lots of small breaks was good for me too. Even at that leisurely pace, we covered 1400 miles in about four days of driving.




Harry checking out boxes before the movers showed up in Keller.

2 comments:

FiberGeek said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering how it was all going, so I am glad to see your posts.

Hope the rest goes very smoothly.

Vanna's not having puppies again
:-(

lilspotteddog said...

Sorry to hear that news about Vanna, Alan. I hope you guys get another chance with her in the next few months. It's worth another try even if Rudi can't figure out which end is which!