Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Little Sweet Pea

The hardest thing I will do today is leave my sweet Dyna. She is going to stay with my mother and her dogs and cat. I know she will be loved and well taken care of but I am going to miss her fiercely.

I got Dyna in 2000 from fox terrier rescue. She had been in the Sprucehill Kennel that suddenly fell apart when its elderly owners died. From the day she arrived, she attached herself to Iz, earning the nickname "Mini Me" because she followed Iz around so closely.

When Iz died, I thought Dyna would be the one to mourn but she quite happily transferred her attentions to Gracie and Mimi. She had in fact already started to do this when Iz became so sick.

Dyna is now 11 years old and although she is in excellent health (only a touch of arthritis), I decided not to take her with me. If I could have taken three dogs, I wouldn't have hesitated to bring Dyna but with a limit of two, I decided that she needed to stay in the U.S.

She is a happy little fox terrier, very affectionate and loving. Saying goodbye to her is as hard as letting my Iz go.

Dyna sweet pea, be a good girl!

1 comment:

seniormoments said...

Dyna has already become my special little girl and she will be so spoiled. Never worry about your little girl...she's safe and loved.
Will send loads of pictures!

VAMom