Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stressitis

A friend suggested that I was going to keel over from stressitis. It's certainly a possibility.

So much about my situation is currently undetermined, there are so many loose ends lying around, that if there is even a twitch in any one element, I'll start running around flapping my hands squawking "what should I do? what should I do?"

Will the lenders foreclose, or will they accept a short sale?

How can I find my cats new homes?

Do I make decisions based on the long term or the short term? Do I only consider rational pros and cons or do emotional aspects weigh in too? Am I truly being rational or do I just think that I am?

What personal belongings do I need to keep and what should I sell or store? Should I start packing up boxes now?

Should I set up the video camera every time I play ball with the dogs since it may be one of the last times I get to play with that dog in this backyard?

Stressitis.

The dogs and I have been getting lots more exercise despite the summer heat. That's no doubt to all our benefit. I've been drinking a bit too much in the evenings, no doubt to my detriment, but I'm certainly not overdoing it. For one, my stomach and head can't handle overdoing it. For another, it's starting to get kind of boring.

In order to avoid dealing with all of the above, I am devouring books, sometimes one a day. The public library is close and best of all, free. Most of my reading occurs at night when I can't sleep because I spend my days on the computer chasing down job postings and applying for them.

I set up an agility sequence in the training field this past weekend for the girls. It is from the Backyard Dogs column in July's Clean Run magazine. It took me three weekends over the month of July to work my way through all of the exercises with both Mimi and Gracie. I came into the house on Sunday after working them then playing ball with all of the other dogs (separately, of course) and realized that playing with my dogs makes me happier than just about anything else that I do.

1 comment:

BC Insanity said...

"realized that playing with my dogs makes me happier than just about anything else that I do."

... this just might be the answer to some of your questions