Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cats Are Strange (2)

I was at Target today and found this insanely ticky-tacky "Kitty Clubhouse" for $20. Cheap plastic tubes, thin nylon panels. Hmph, I thought, this flimsy thing probably wouldn't last 5 minutes. But still, I was intrigued. And since cats are at best inexplicable, my opinion of this thing didn't really matter--what would my cats think about it?

Assembly took about 5 minutes.

I placed it next to the fireplace in the living room where we like to congregate in the evenings.


The cats absolutely love it! After he chased Lola out of it, Bix has been installed in the bottom bunk--and is in there even as I write this.

It's fox terrier-sized, of course, since they are a bit larger than house cats, so all of the dogs have investigated it thoroughly as well.


It's cheap and ugly but if this thing gives my cats a new place to play and hide and exercise, it's worth keeping around.

No comments: